Project has no software
Project has no hardware
Does this project pique your interest?
Login or register to join or follow this project.
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 600 g semisweet chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 180 g sugar
- 150 g flower
- 30 g unsweetend cocoa powder
- 50 g cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 g molten butter
- 400 g marzipan
- To make the ganache bring the cream to a boil and pour it over the finely chopped chocolate. Let it sit for a few minutes and then stir to combine untill you get a silky texture. Cover the ganache with cleanfilm and let it cool down at room temperature for a few hours.
- For the cake preheat the oven to 175°C and grease a round pan.
- Beat the eggs and the sugar for at least 5 minutes until white and fluffy. Add the molten butter and sieve the dry ingredients onto the batter. Fold it in gently and bake the cake for around 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut the cooled cake into as many layers as you like or possible. Spread a thin layer of apricot jam and then frost the layers and the whole cake. Let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Color the marzipan to your liking and cover the cake.
- Congratulations you made the perfect birthday cake.
More about the first Imaginghub birthday in the blog entry here.
Eat the cake :-)