Basler PowerPack for Embedded Vision
The Basler PowerPack for Embedded Vision is a development kit for a Basler dart camera with BCON for LVDS Interface. It provides a reference design on the base of a MicroZed processing board with Xilinx Zynq®-7010 SoC.
To get started with the development kit and acquire your first images the following documents will help you:
- PowerPack for Embedded Vision - Quick Install Guide: this guide contains information about how to install the PowerPack and step-by-step instructions that help you acquire the first images with the Basler dart BCON camera.
- PowerPack for Embedded Vision - Next Steps: this document gives you an overview about the system and the next steps you can do when your system is up and running and the first images have been acquired.
- dart BCON User's Manual: the dart BCON User’s Manual contains information about how to operate and configure Basler dart BCON cameras.
- Required Modifications on MicroZed Processing Board Used with USB 2.0 Devices: this application note provides information about how to modify the MicroZed processing board of the Basler PowerPack for Embedded Vision in order to use it with USB 2.0 devices.
Hardware Design Resources
If you're looking for additonal documentation or want to adapt the current carrier board design to your needs than you should refer to the following links:
- MicroZed BCON Carrier Board - Schematic Diagram: this document describes the design of the MicroZed BCON carrier board that allows to connect a dart BCON camera to the MicroZed processing board.
- MicroZed BCON Carrier Board - Bill of Material: the bill of material provides a list of the materials and the quantities that are needed to manufacture the MicroZed BCON Carrier Board.
For more information about the MicroZed processing board please got to zedboard.org. Further documentation, such as the MicroZed Hardware User's Guide or the MicroZed Schematics can be downloaded from here.
Software (Image + BSP)
The PowerPack for Embedded Vision comes with a pre-loaded SD card. The image on the card contains everything you need for a smooth start with the development kit. Besides a bootable Ubuntu Linux operating system with drivers and libraries for the control of the dart BCON camera, the package includes a preconfigured FPGA image pipeline as well as a copy of Basler’s pylon Software Suite.
The current version of the PowerPack BCON Image as well as future updates can be downloaded from baslerweb.com
In case you want to customize the system from a software point of view or just want to have a look into the associated source files, then you should download the board support package for the PowerPack for Embedded Vision from baslerweb.com. The package contains an Ubuntu Linux distribution with all required drivers, a Vivado FPGA project as well as a pylon example implementation for the software connection of the dart BCON camera to the Basler pylon Software Suite.
Licensing & Disclaimer Information
Please note that the software contained in the PowerPack for Embedded Vision is published under the terms and conditions of the PowerPack BCON License Agreement. Please refer to this document whenever you consider to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute any parts of the current software design.
The schematic diagram for the MicroZed BCON Carrier Board is published under Solderpad v.0.51 license..