Were you already able to solve this?
Here are the steps that helped me to install dlib with zero conflicts
- Download the latest Raspbian Jessie Light image.
- Write it to a memory card using Etcher, put the memory card in the RPi and boot it up.
- Log in
- In case you are using WiFi, set up Wifi
- Run sudo raspi-config and configure the basics
- Install required libraries.
- In case you are using camera install the picamera python library with array support.
- Temporarily enable a larger swap file size (dlib can fail while compilation if there's not enough memory, so better avoid such situation).
- Download and install dlib.
- Install face_recognition
- Restore the swap file size now that dlib is installed.
- Download the face recognition code examples.
You can install PIXEL if you want desktop GUI.
Good luck! Hope it will help you.