Sending continuous data from ESP8266 boards to application or webpage

octly_ report abuse

Being new to the IoF and ESP8266 boards, I wonder is there any way to establish continuous data from four ESP8266 boards with sensors?

Answers

tobigX report abuse

Hi! From your question, it's not quite clear what you actually need. Can you please give more information?

octly_ report abuse

I want a system from N boards with digital and/or analog sensors that should send continuous data or at least faster than human average reaction time. So I need the system to be very reactive (without having a noticeable delay in displaying the data). The data should transfer really fast without having a noticeable delay in displaying the data in the app or page. For example, if some sensor on the board1 is invoked, the webpage/ app should react on this immediately while still displaying/handling the data from the other boards. The problem is, I do not know what to use in the middleware.

tobigX report abuse

You should probably look on the MQTT. (link: https://esp8266-shop.com/blog/configure-mqtt-runing-on-esp8266-for-home-automation/) Each ESP can push to the broker with a topic structure like board1\sensor1 board1\sensor2 So that you can use MQTT over Websockets then to subscribe to all the topics or to each topic separately. As far as each message from each sensor gets on its own topic, you can use the topic to determine which bit of the webpage/app page to update.

octly_ report abuse

Thank you very much

Add Answer

Need support?

Just drop us an email to ... Show more