Starting with Augmented Reality - list of links where you can start!
When I started with Augemented Realtiy, I was looking for some easy to learn and use tools which will afford me to quickly create something very simple related to AR… to get a basic sense of what is the AR development and also simplify my learning process because this is a real practice and real experience. So I started with research and testing. The range of different frameworks and SDKs for AR have appeared recently. You can try to google them.
I would like to share a couple of links where you can start. Perhaps it will help.
- ARIS - Platform for building AR interactive games, contests, stores, etc - https://fielddaylab.org/make/aris/#pricing
- AR.js - this tool allows you to embed AR features directly into HTML code of your web applications - https://github.com/jeromeetienne/AR.js/blob/master/README.md
- ARKit - augmented reality framework for iOS from Apple - https://developer.apple.com/augmented-reality/
- ARCore - augmented reality framework for Android from Google - https://developers.google.com/ar/
- Vuforia - augmented reality for the industries - https://www.ptc.com/en/products/augmented-reality
- Spark AR Studio - AR development platform from Facebook - https://sparkar.facebook.com/ar-studio/
- Wikitude - one of the most popular SDKs for AR - https://www.wikitude.com/
- DroidAR - open-sourced AR framework for Android - https://bitstars.github.io/droidar/
Also explore OpenCV, which can be used to perform some AR-related tasks very often.
For beginners starting research from some of the open-sourced tools should be a good idea. And try to search for the needed SDKs, there are a lot of them nowadays.
This is not a complete list - just my personal starting point. Do you know other frameworks or have other tips?
Cheers from my side ;-)