Living in a smart world – make your life more connected
Do you remember last years’ smart home contest? This year, we want to go even further. It is now time to make your life even smarter. Your project could be anything from a simple smart work or smart office application to a more complex smart city solution making our lives more connected and therefore easier.
Do you want your coffee machine to start automatically as soon as your cup is empty? Or do you want to be notified, when there is a free parking space near you? All ideas are possible, all ideas are welcome!
We have one condition, though: Your project has to involve computer vision at one point in the system design. Apart from that, you are free to use any sort of sensor, processing or software technology that lets you realize your idea.
Here are some examples for project ideas:
- Coffee level sensor
- Parking lot detection
- Smart Street lights
- Trash bin monitoring
- Home Security System
This project contest has three phases.
Phase 1: Send us your ideas until September, 30 2018. The Imaginghub team will then choose the 10 most exciting ideas to move forward to phase 2. If your idea is among them, we will send you an UP Embedded Vision Starter Kit to turn your idea into a real project. You may also check www.up-board.org to get more inspiration.
Phase 2: Start building your project! Once you received the hardware, you can start building your application. Log in to the Imaginghub website, create a project and document your development journey. Your smart life solution should be finished by November 30, 2018.
If you like, you can also add images or videos of your project and its development process to present your solution.
Phase 3: After the end of phase 2, the jury, consisting of members of both the Imaginghub & UP team, will choose the winners.
The following aspects are part of our ranking process:
1. Innovation and novelty level: How innovative is your solution? Has it been done before?
2. Level of creativity: How creative is your way of solving a given problem?
3. Design and performance: Is your application running stable? How clean is your code?
4. The project's feasibility: Is it possible to actually build the solution?
5. Project demonstration and completeness of documentation: Has the project been completely documented towards the final result?
Winners will be announced by: December 10, 2018
Speaking of winners, what's there to win, anyway? Imaginghub turns two and we want to celebrate our birthday with you! This is why you can win these amazing cash prizes:
- 1st prize: $1000
- 2nd prize: $500
- 3rd prize: $200
Are you ready to get started? Click on the button at the top of this page and send us your idea!
The following terms of participation apply:
- Participation is voluntary, free and not dependent on any purchase of goods or use of services.
- Eligibility is limited to persons 18 years and older.
- Employees of Basler AG, AAEON Technology Europe B.V. and its corporate group as well as their immediate family are excluded from participation.
- Each participant may only enter the contest one time. If multiple entries are submitted, only the first will be accepted.
- We reserve the right to exclude participants from the contest at any time for justifiable reasons.
- We reserve the right to make changes or additions to the procedure or eligibility requirements for participation, or to cancel the contest entirely.
- Winners will be notified via email. For this reason it is crucial that accurate information is provided. The username and ranking will be published on our website.
- If the winner does not contact the company within 4 weeks of notification of winning the contest, or if provided contact data is inaccurate, then the entrants right to the prize expires and a replacement winner will be chosen at random.
- No cash payout, exchanges or transferring of the prize to other persons is permitted.
- We assume no liability for faulty transport and/or loss of data or for issues related to provision of the winning prize.
- In entering the contest, the entrant accepts these terms and conditions in full.
- The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply. Judges’ decisions are final.
Join the communitySign up or log in on Imaginghub
Submit your ideaYou’d like to apply for the contest? Click on "Participate now" and send us your project idea.
Selection of participantsA panel made of Imaginghub team members will choose the entries that move forward to the next round.
Build your projectStart your project with the hardware provided and publish the result on the Imaginghub.
Announcing the winnersA panel of Imaginghub team members evaluates the participating projects and decides the winners.
WinnersLet’s see who won! We will announce the winners on the contest page.