Smart up your home to win a drone
Is your home already smart or are you working on smart home solutions? We are looking for your ideas! Take part in our project “Smart Home Contest” and win great prizes!
Your project can be anything from the area of home automation. No matter if you want to start your coffee machine automatically or build a high end security system to protect your home. The only condition: Your home automation project has to involve a vision system, of course.
The project contest has two phases...
Phase 1: Send us your ideas until July 26, 2017. The Imaginghub team will then choose the 10 most exciting ideas to move forward to phase 2. If your idea is among them, you will then receive the necessary hardware to turn your idea into a real project. As for the hardware you'll get a Basler PowerPack dart USB for Evaluation, containing a Basler dart USB camera, a suitable lens, and a cable.
Phase 2: Start building your project! Once you’ve received the hardware, you can start building your application. Log in to the Imaginghub website, create a project page and document your development journey. Your smart home solution should be finished by November 24, 2017.
The following aspects are part of our ranking process:
- Innovation and novelty level: How innovative is your solution? Has it been done before?
- Level of creativity: How creative is your way of solving a given problem?
- Design and performance: Is your application running fast and stable? How clean is your code?
- The project's feasibility: Is it possible to actually build the solution?
- Project demonstration and completeness of documentation: Has the project been completely documented towards the final result?
If you like, you can also add images or videos of your project and its development process to present your solution.
Are you ready to get started?
Click on the button at the top of this page or email us at email@example.com and send us your idea!
The following terms of participation apply:
- Participation is voluntary, free and not dependent on any purchase of goods or use of services.
- Eligibility is limited to persons 18 years and older.
- Employees of Basler AG and its corporate group as well as their immediate family are excluded from participation.
- Each participant may only enter the contest one time. If multiple entries are submitted, only the first will be accepted.
- We reserve the right to exclude participants from the contest at any time for justifiable reasons.
- We reserve the right to make changes or additions to the procedure or eligibility requirements for participation, or to cancel the contest entirely.
- Winners will be notified via email. For this reason it is crucial that accurate information is provided. The username and ranking will be published on our website.
- If the winner does not contact the company within 4 weeks of notification of winning the contest, or if provided contact data is inaccurate, then the entrants right to the prize expires and a replacement winner will be chosen at random.
- No cash payout, exchanges or transferring of the prize to other persons is permitted.
- We assume no liability for faulty transport and/or loss of data or for issues related to provision of the winning prize.
- In entering the contest, the entrant accepts these terms and conditions in full.
- The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply. Judges’ decisions are final.
Join the communitySign up or log in on Imaginghub
Submit your ideaYou’d like to apply for the contest? Click on "Participate now" and send us your project idea.
Selection of participantsA panel made of Imaginghub team members will choose the entries that move forward to the next round.
Build your projectStart your project with the hardware provided and publish the result on the Imaginghub.
Announcing the winnersA panel of Imaginghub team members evaluates the participating projects and decides the winners.
WinnersLet’s see who won! We will announce the winners on the contest page.
1st Prize: DJI Mavic drone
2nd Prize: Jetson TX2 Developer Kit
3rd Prize: Saleae Logic 8 - Logic Analyzer